Roaming Profiles

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Wed Aug 26 13:13:36 GMT 1998

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Centro de Calculo wrote:

> Couldn't Samba create a Directory instead of a file? Is this a bug or am
> I wrong?

Although I have never had a problem with roaming profiles under NT / Samba
PDC setup, many people have posted about this.  What I have done is to
specify a "root preexec" script that runs once access to a [profile] share
The script creates a \\server\profile\<username> directory if it does not
exist.  This is fully automatic on the back end so you don't need to worry
about individual users.

Hope this helps,
j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter