A question about NT Domains

Bruce Cook BC3-AU at bigfoot.com
Wed Apr 8 19:09:25 GMT 1998

Gerald W. Carter writes:
 > John Harper wrote:
 > >
 > > However, our system arrangement is such that we have two Solaris
 > > servers - one is dedicated to staff/faculty, the other is for students.
 > > Each class of user only has access to and account info on their
 > > particular server. I would therefore assume the logical extension into
 > > the world of NT domains would imply that I configure both Unix servers
 > > as separate PDC's in two NT domains (it seems reasonable to me!).
 > >
 > > But our labs can be used by both students and faculty, and I therefore
 > > need the client NT machines to be able to connect to either domain -
 > > as far as I can tell this is not possible. Is there in fact any way
 > > to get a client to belong/connect to more than one domain? Am I
 >
 > Nope.  Only member of one domain at a time.

Ummm.   Am I missing somthing ?

What's that domain list box in the login dialog on your NT WS for ?

Are you saying that the samba domain browsing isn't working, or that
as user can't log onto any domain on the local network he choses.

(I haven't installed as WS since 3.51 so I maybe misremembering somthing)