New passwd sync option

Daniel Fonseca daniel at cibercafe.pt
Tue Apr 7 12:11:10 GMT 1998

On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, Gerald W. Carter wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> One more thing I forgot to mention, the BRANCH_NTDOM ( and recent merge
> with the main branch does not support password changing from an NT
> client yet.  Paul Aston was working on it but I am not sure of the
> latest status of it.

Thanks for all your help (as always)!!! No problem, I will use the
poppassd feature of Eudora so that *all* clients can change their password
(no unix shells for any of them) with the same method. If anyone else has
this problem just mail me for the modified sources (poppassd w/ smbpasswd
extensions + modified shadow suite to talk properly to poppassd).

Do you know when can or how can we see the status for the changing of the
password from the NT clients? The docs don't seem clear on this issue.

Thanx again,

\      Daniel Fonseca - daniel at cibercafe.pt       \ \
 \SysAdmin for Cibercafe' - http://www.cibercafe.pt\ \
  \   Cibercafe - *Your* Internet Cafe' in Oporto   \ \