Will this list continue?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Thu Apr 2 15:22:07 GMT 1998

On Fri, 3 Apr 1998, Dana Canfield wrote:

> In my case, it's because if we bought the Microsoft equivalents of all the free
>
> software we use, we would have to fire several staff members! And specifically
> here, the security
> and roaming profiles that are offered a primary domain controller and NT
> Workstation
> are what administrators have been trying to kludge together in their labs for
> years.
>
> It's off topic, but I am piecing together a web site on how we've almost
> completely become a free software campus (on the server side... desktops are
> another story).  I hope to have step-by-step instructions and performance
> statistics, a lot of the scripts we have written, etc.  If anyone is interested
> in seeing it when I'm finished, drop me a line and I'll mail you when it's
> done.

dana,

i have suggested to the other samba team people that we put such tools and
stuff on the main samba site.  if you wanted to put your docs / tools,
with copyright notices / GPL or other license agreements attached as
appropriate, then we would be happy to do so.

i hate the "me-too" type postings so common to aol and compuserv...

luke