Will this list continue?

Dana Canfield canfield at uindy.edu
Thu Apr 2 14:10:41 GMT 1998

In my case, it's because if we bought the Microsoft equivalents of all the free

software we use, we would have to fire several staff members! And specifically
here, the security
and roaming profiles that are offered a primary domain controller and NT
Workstation
are what administrators have been trying to kludge together in their labs for
years.

It's off topic, but I am piecing together a web site on how we've almost
completely become a free software campus (on the server side... desktops are
another story).  I hope to have step-by-step instructions and performance
statistics, a lot of the scripts we have written, etc.  If anyone is interested
in seeing it when I'm finished, drop me a line and I'll mail you when it's
done.

Dana