[Samba-it] Re: Samba-it digest, Vol 1 #46 - 5 msgs

Marco De Vitis marco.dvv at libero.it
Mon Feb 24 12:34:02 MST 2003

Hello Lorenzo, on 23/02/2003 at 16.29 you wrote:

LR> Se vuoi avere delle info brevi e compendiose sullo sticky bit e sulla sua
LR> funzionalità ecco un link interessante:
LR> http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/Unix/Q_20512180.html

Uhm, non è che quelle spiegazioni vadano molto a fondo...
A me sembra ottima quella della man page di chmod:

STICKY FILES
       On  older  Unix  systems,  the sticky bit caused executable files to be
       hoarded in swap space.  This feature is not useful on  modern  VM  sys-
       tems, and the Linux kernel ignores the sticky bit on files.  Other ker-
       nels may use the sticky bit on files for system-defined  purposes.   On
       some systems, only the superuser can set the sticky bit on files.

STICKY DIRECTORIES
       When  the sticky bit is set on a directory, files in that directory may
       be unlinked or renamed only by root or their owner.  Without the sticky
       bit,  anyone able to write to the directory can delete or rename files.
       The sticky bit is commonly found on directories, such as /tmp, that are
       world-writable.

Ciao,
  Marco.
--