Rsync to just upload new/updated files without comparing source/destination

Kevin Korb kmk at sanitarium.net
Sun Nov 19 18:23:07 UTC 2017

If you remove the source files as rsync copies them
(--remove-source-files) then rsync will have nothing to compare.  It
will just go through the tree looking for files that aren't on the
target which would probably be any file it finds.  Just don't ever use
--delete in that scenario.  Adding --omit-dir-times will save you a lot
of output if you have any of --itemize-changes --verbose --progress.

When in doubt, do a --dry-run

--
	Kevin Korb			Phone:    (407) 252-6853