name too long problem?

Carlos Carvalho carlos at fisica.ufpr.br
Wed Feb 15 07:21:44 MST 2012

In the latest 3.1 I get this in our backup:

filename overflows max-path len by 1: <path>
filename overflows max-path len by 1: <path>
filename overflows max-path len by 9: <path>
filename overflows max-path len by 7: <path>
filename overflows max-path len by 4: <path>
filename overflows max-path len by 5: <path>
filename overflows max-path len by 6: <path>

Both sender and receiver are linux machines, so the max-path is the
same. Locale/lang are both set to C and --no-iconv is used. How can a
name overflow in the receiver but exist in the sender? Can it be due
to the temporary extension?