Odd failure ...

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Mon Feb 15 14:18:53 MST 2010

     I'm trying to manually run the following rsync command on Win7 and
it's failing ... not sure why.

C:\"Program Files (x86)\cwRsync\bin\rsync.exe" -arupAv --progress
--partial --filter=". /cygdrive/c/Users/KirAsh/Desktop/filter.txt"
/cygdrive/e/ "/cygdrive/n/WD500/"

sending incremental file list
rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4 bytes to socket [sender]:
Connection reset by peer (104)
recv_acl_access: value out of range: ff
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
acls.c(674) [Receiver=3.0.7]
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (9 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(610)
[sender=3.0.7]

     Now, I have another command that runs just fine:

C:\"Program Files (x86)\cwRsync\bin\rsync.exe" -arupAv --progress
--partial /cygdrive/m/ "/cygdrive/n/HIPSERV/winash/"

     And the only difference is the filter part.  I have to filter out
some folders from that E drive that I don't want rsynced so that's why I
have that.

     Suggestions anyone?