Odd failure ... (Windows ACLs)

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Wed Feb 17 14:37:33 MST 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-15 at 14:18 -0700, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
> I'm trying to manually run the following rsync command on Win7 and
> it's failing ... not sure why.
>

> C:\"Program Files (x86)\cwRsync\bin\rsync.exe" -arupAv --progress
> --partial --filter=". /cygdrive/c/Users/KirAsh/Desktop/filter.txt"
> /cygdrive/e/ "/cygdrive/n/WD500/"
[...]
> recv_acl_access: value out of range: ff

You're trying to copy ACLs (-A) on Windows, which the standard version
of rsync doesn't support.  Consider using Robocopy in combination with
or instead of rsync.  Google for "rsync windows acl" for some more
information.

>      Now, I have another command that runs just fine:
>
> C:\"Program Files (x86)\cwRsync\bin\rsync.exe" -arupAv --progress
> --partial /cygdrive/m/ "/cygdrive/n/HIPSERV/winash/"
>
>      And the only difference is the filter part.

And perhaps that the files on /cygdrive/m don't have complicated ACLs?

--
Matt