Rsync with OS X 10.3

macuserfr macuserfr at free.fr
Wed Jan 21 10:53:57 GMT 2009

Hi folks,

I've made a Unicode test here and it seem safe to patch my Panther
patch in this way:

+	unsigned int index=0;

= 	CFStringGetCharacters(cfStringName, range, unicharName);
	while(index<range.length)
	{
		if(unicharName[index]==0x003B) /* == ':' */
			unicharName[index]=0x002F; /* == '/' */
	}
= 	carbon_error=FSMakeFSRefUnicode(&parentRef, range.length,
unicharName, kTextEncodingUnknown, ref);

Because  the length doesn't mean the number of printable characters,
but the number of Unicode signs. (A character can take more than one
Unicode sign.) So, it seem OK for me to scan the Unicode array on this
way.

If you patch your rsync with this modification on y patch, please let
me know if it works for you as I can't test it.

Best regards,

Vitorio