v3.0.4 OS X Execution Errors

Yves Petronin y.petronin at aliceadsl.fr
Sat Nov 8 15:33:16 GMT 2008

Thanks....

The strange thing is that the  manual indicates that the command --
rsync-path=XXXX is related to the program to be run on the remote
machine. In my case there is no remote machine, since I experiment
with backing up on one local disk....

I used to use a relatively simple command in a back-up script such as:

for i in ${folderSourceToBackup}*
#some filtering code
rsync -aEv --delete --exclude=${exceptions} --delete-excluded  ${i} "$
{backupTo}"
#etc

I still wonder wether migrating to the most recent version of Rsync
is useful in my case... It is educational anyhow.

Rgds