Passed all tests with flying colors on Mac OS X 10.4.11 - synopsis of installation and testing

Anthony Morton amorton at fastmail.fm
Tue Mar 4 00:41:08 GMT 2008

> I am running MacOS X 10.4.11 on PPC. The following is a synopsis of
> my installation procedure (as gathered from the various emails in
> the archive) - note that I had trouble with crtimes.diff and went
> back to osx-create-time.diff. Please let me know if I have included
> anything spurious or missed something critical (though I am pleased
> that everything worked)...

I also get perfect results on 3.0.0 with both MacOS X 10.4.11 on PPC
and MacOS X 10.5.2 on Intel, using fileflags.diff, crtimes.diff and
Wayne's new fileflags-fixes.diff.

I find it interesting that you have had no luck with crtimes.diff.
Could you post your results?  Are you applying the patches in the
right order (that is, fileflags.diff followed by crtimes.diff, not
vice versa)?

I suspect the backup-dir-dels.diff patch is not strictly necessary,
unless you actually want the functionality (as many of us do).

./prepare-source may or may not do anything, depending which source
version you're using.

Tony M.