Passed all tests with flying colors on Mac OS X 10.4.11 - synopsis of installation and testing

Rob Rye rye at usc.edu
Tue Mar 4 00:58:47 GMT 2008

I think you hit the nail on the head. I put the crtimes.diff first
because I was simply swapping it in for osx-create-time.diff in
Axel's email "3.0.0 test failure MacOS X 10.4.11".

Upon invoking make, this error in the ordering of the patches, on my
part yielded:

make
perl ./mkproto.pl ./*.c ./lib/compat.c
gcc -std=gnu99 -I. -I. -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Wall -W -I./popt  -c
flist.c -o flist.o
In file included from flist.c:24:
ifuncs.h: In function 'f_crtime':
ifuncs.h:68: error: 'crtimes_ndx' undeclared (first use in this
function)
ifuncs.h:68: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
ifuncs.h:68: error: for each function it appears in.)
ifuncs.h: In function 'f_crtime_set':
ifuncs.h:78: error: 'crtimes_ndx' undeclared (first use in this
function)
flist.c: In function 'send_file_entry':
flist.c:471: error: 'XMIT_CRTIME_EQ_MTIME' undeclared (first use in
this function)
flist.c: In function 'recv_file_entry':
flist.c:774: error: 'XMIT_CRTIME_EQ_MTIME' undeclared (first use in
this function)
make: *** [flist.o] Error 1

At that point I simply abandoned crtimes and 'went back' to osx-
create-time.diff

Thanks for the heads up on the order of the patches.

Rob