Fwd: OSX universal rsync

Robert DuToit rdutoit at capecod.net
Wed Feb 20 13:33:16 GMT 2008

Just an update,

I have confirmed that rsync compiled on an intel won't work on PPC and
vice versa. A lot of people have both kinds of macs so it would be
good to have a universal binary for rsync 3.0, otherwise it means two
separate rsync builds. So any help on compiling a universal rsync for
macs would be much appreciated. The web page at ADC explains about
this but I don't have knowledge in that area. Thanks Rob

ADC article on compiling for multiple architectures:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Porting/Conceptual/PortingUnix/compiling/chapter_4_section_3.html

Begin forwarded message: