OSX universal rsync

Robert DuToit rdutoit at capecod.net
Wed Feb 20 12:29:05 GMT 2008

Hi All,
   Well, we compiled pre9 on an intel Mac running Tiger and now it
does work on the machine. I need to see if that will now work on a PPC
mac though. Hopefully it will but I am wondering if there is a way to
compile and make a universal binary rsync for the Mac that will run on
both, from my PPC Mac. Itried that yesterday with

patch -p1 <patches/flags.diff
patch -p1 <patches/crtimes.diff
./configure
CFLAGS="-isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch ppc -arch
i386" LDFLAGS="-Wl,-syslibroot,/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch
ppc -arch i386" make

but it didn't work on the intel. Does anyone have any experience with
making a universal binary of rsync?