Rsync and opened files

Stephen Zemlicka stevezemlicka at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 02:14:05 GMT 2007

This doesn't help with linux but a gentleman named Elias added vss
capabilities to rsync.  However, the version is a bit old (I think 2.6 or
around there).  As soon as 3 is out, I may try to go through it line by line
and add it into 3.  Otherwise, check out microsoft's vss sdk.  There's a bit
of scripting but it should allow you to backup open files.  Plus, services
like sql and exchange that are vss aware.

Stephen Zemlicka
Integrated Computer Technologies
PH. 608-558-5926
E-Mail stevezemlicka at gmail.com