Rsync and opened files

Stuart Halliday StuartH at ecs-tech.com
Wed Sep 26 08:38:01 GMT 2007

This following info is in the Rsync mail archives but I'll refresh it.

There is a free vss toolkit you can get from Microsoft which allows you to
create shadow drives of local Windows harddrives.

I've put together this collection and an example script on how to backup
say the entire C: drive or just the users profile, even open files, using
Rsync or Xcopy.

It can be found on my web site at:

http://www.quantumsoft.co.uk/files/pc/saveprofile.zip (1MB)

Works a real treat.

(Yes I know you said Linux to Windows...)

This email is the property of ECS Technology Ltd.
This company is registered in Scotland with company number 212513.
VAT registered GB 761 7456 12
http://www.ecs-tech.com/