File bit synchronization?

Tony Abernethy tony at servacorp.com
Tue Sep 18 00:39:00 GMT 2007

Stephen Zemlicka wrote:

> No idea why it's not.  I usually use the -v -rlt -z --delete
> options.  You
> could try the -c switch.  I believe that will ignore the mod
> time and size
> and skip based on the checksum only.  Though I would think
> you need a switch
> that does the opposite of that.  Maybe someone else has an idea.

Over sometimes very bad trans-pacific internet connections
rsync -avPz --timeout=7777  --exclude '.?*.*' --exclude "temp*"
Many files where nothing changes goes very fast.
Large files with a few scattered changes throughout the middle
will go rather slowly. Usually instructive just to watch it and
see what happens.
Just a guess, but take a look at whatever the contents of pg_dump
actually look like. In particular, compare one dump to another
taken later. You might spot something obvious.