Milestone release for rsync 3.0.0?

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Mon Sep 3 06:56:36 GMT 2007

On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 05:11:18PM -0400, Matt McCutchen wrote:
> Rsync 3.0.0 has been under development for 8 months now, but its final
> release still appears to be a very long way off

I'm hoping that it won't be all that much longer before the first
pre-release version will be ready.  I mainly want to get hard-link
support working in incremental recursion mode (which is getting pretty
close in my local copy), and to fix a couple problems with how -R is
handled in incremental recursion mode.  Then it will be about time to
try out some pre-releases and work out any problems that are left.