Rsync 3.0.0pre3 released
wayned at samba.org
Sat Oct 27 00:58:27 GMT 2007
I've just released rsync 3.0.0pre3, the second pre-release version
for the upcoming 3.0.0 release.
Please keep up the good work in testing this and sending email to the
rsync mailing list with your questions, comments, bug reports, etc.
You can download the tar file and its signature from here:
This version has the following fixes since pre2 was released:
- Fixed a problem in the hard-link handling where the generator would
sometimes die with an assert error.
- Improved the startup determination for incremental-recursive mode.
This removes the potential for disagreement, and makes the protocol
more forward-compatible with future improvements in inc-recursive
- Some symlink-permission improvements, including proper preservation
of symlink permissions on OS X.
- I/O errors coming from the sending side are now forwarded to the
generator in incremental recursive mode.
- Fixed a bug in the handling of anchored filter rules when rsync is
copying an absolute path with --relative.
- Another improvement to the -ii output when hard-linking.
- Improved the handling of really large files (e.g. 100GB) to avoid a
hashtable overload that would bog down the sender.
- Fixed a compile problem on systems without an id_t type.
- Fixed a compile problem when --disable-iconv was specified.
- Some manpage improvements.
- Some fixes to the patches plus some additions.
- Added an exclude of ".git/" to our default cvs-ignore handling.
To see a full summary of the changes since 2.6.9, visit this link:
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync/attachments/20071026/f9b8361d/attachment.bin
More information about the rsync