3.0.0pre3: rfc-1149 speeds on 100 mbit lan

Erik Jan Tromp betageek at sympatico.ca
Sat Oct 27 04:58:56 GMT 2007

I upgraded to pre3 a couple hours ago & right now I'm watching my 00:00
backup set absolutely _crawl_. Typically, backups would have been
finished somewhere in the 00:10 to 00:30 range, depending how much data
changed across 6 machines in the past day. As I write this, the 3rd of 6
machines is (hopefully) just finishing its backup with no more than the
usual changes per machine. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Oddball notes: The pulling machine (hosts the backups) is load 0.00 &
0% cpu while the machine being pulled from is load 1.00 & cpu's pegged
at 100% (rsync, to be pedantic).
I also noticed on the 2nd & 3rd machines that
/var/lib/slocate/slocate.db is one of many files transferring at an
absolute glacial pace (others are various /var/log/* logs - plain flat
files).

All was working well previously. My last pull from cvs was Wed Oct 24
11:24:33 UTC 2007.

Erik

--
"Failure is not an option. (It comes bundled with Windows.)"
"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success."