Archive parameter doesn't preserve owner:group property!

David (Spartoo) david.spartoo at gmail.com
Thu May 31 14:08:12 GMT 2007

someone??

Does I have to set gid and uid to "root"? or can I preserve initial
owner:group setting uid to "david" and gid to "rsync-users"?
Can I give to rsync-users the right to preserve owner:group? How?
Is there a conflict between  --numeric-ids and others parameters? because
rsync doesn't preserve even "in root" owner:group if gid is a number instead
of string.

I have post to many Linux forums...rsync mailing-list is my last chance.