Archive parameter doesn't preserve owner:group property!

David (Spartoo) david.spartoo at gmail.com
Thu May 31 10:19:40 GMT 2007

Thanks for your reply but even with --numeric-ids parameter it still doesn't
work!!

this is my backup.sh

#!/bin/bash
#

logpath=/var/log/sauvegarde.log
excludepath=exclude

/usr/bin/time -f%E sh -c "rsync -avb --numeric-ids
--backup-dir=previous_version  --exclude-from=$excludepath --progress
--delete /etc dev_server::rsync_david --log-file=$logpath"

and my rsyncd.conf

log file = /var/log/rsyncd.log
max connections = 3
transfer logging = yes