Using --remove-source-files with backup?

ScottZ mylists at pinesalad.net
Mon May 7 05:40:36 GMT 2007

Many, Many Thanks for this Matt!

Seems to be working great so far.

Just one question though.

My initial tests with --backup-dir and -b had just the file being backed up to the specified dir.

With --source-backup the tree structure of the original source file is also being included in the --backup-dir directory.

example:
rsync --remove-source-files --source-backup --backup-dir=/arc -av /home/dir/file remotehost:/dir/file

results in the backup file being put in /arc/home/dir/file instead of /arc/file.

It isn't a problem for me as my tree structure is limited to just a couple of directories, but could be a problem for those with a deeper one.

Or am I not specifying something correctly?

Again, many thanks for this.

-Scott