Feature request

Mike Tishetsky mike at funlay.com
Thu Mar 29 10:23:39 GMT 2007

Hello,

My rsync version is 2.6.9  protocol version 29 for linux.

I recently noticed strange behavior of rsync that is not fatal but is rather
annoying. During transfer if a symlink representing a directory exists on
receiver, but is not created by rsync, rsync replaces that symlink with a
normal directory. This is by default. To prevent this I should specify -K
argument on sender. But I consider such behavior incorrect because if there
is a symlink to directory already it should NOT be overwritten by regular
dir in any case.

I hopefully wait for this default behavior to be fixed in future releases.

WBR,
Mike