Deleting...log path

Max Kipness max at assuredata.com
Tue Jun 19 12:50:19 GMT 2007

For some time I've noticed something that seems very strange to me when
setting an rsync session for delete.

The destination path of the backup is /backup/Latest/Latest/CORP-SERVER/ so
for new/changed files the logs appropriately report for example:

backup/Latest/Latest/CORP-SERVER/....

for each file/directory.

However, when a file does not exist on the source end, and a deletion occurs
I get the following bizarre line in the logs for each file:

var/www/CORP-SERVER/C$/Corp/User Files/xxx-company/Admin/Property
Asstes/Apartments/Sequoia/Photos/
Sequoia Bend/DSC03632.JPG:::0:::0:::*deleting

I've added the colons to the logging format to easily parse the data.

But why does it show var/www ? /var/www/html/command is where the rsync
script is running from, but then why didn't it include 'html/command'? This
messes up my whole logging process.

My parameters are: --stats --compress --recursive --partial --archive --del
--times --log-format=%f:::

Anyone know why it does this or how to correct?

This happens on various servers with various versions of rsync so I don't
think it's isolated.

Thanks,
Max