Bidirectional rsync with "trash" support

Alan Franzoni alan.franzoni.xyz at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 14:44:15 GMT 2007

Hello everybody,
I was thinking about a special script to be done with rsync, when I realized
my needs might have been common enough to have already been fulfilled by
somebody else through a script or by some backup software.

I have a folder I share between two computers of mine, A and B. What i want
is to be able to keep it in full sync. If a file is added in A, it should be
added to B when rsyncing, and viceversa. If a file is updated, it should be
updated, if it gets moved or renamed, it should be moved or renamed, and so
on; .But I'd like that, when a file is deleted from A, it is *not* deleted
from B immediately, but it is moved to a special trash folder, which I can
later review  and decide when to empty, in order to "save" myself from
potential errors.

Google didn't help me in my search. Has anybody heard about something like
that?

--
Alan Franzoni <alan.franzoni.xyz at gmail.com>
-