rsync always gets index.html

peter pilsl pilsl at goldfisch.at
Mon Aug 6 21:59:41 GMT 2007

Matt McCutchen wrote:

> Pass the -i, --itemize-changes option to see why rsync thought the
> files needed copying: `s' indicates a difference in size and `t'
> indicates a difference in mtime.  If you get `t', make sure you are
> using the -t, --times option to set mtimes of destination files equal
> to those of the source files so that rsync can later trust that the
> data is the same.

thnx a lot. This lead me to the actual problem: I had a second script running on
the rsync-target-machine that should delete all index.html in a different folder
which was running wild due a stupid error of the sysadmin (which happens to be
me), so every copied file with index.html was deleted a few hours later :)
I'd completely forgotten about this second old script, but with the -i option I
discovered that rsync threats every index.html as new file, and so I started to
think ....

thnx
peter

--