--files-from=FILE problem

csarid csarid at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 26 18:56:01 GMT 2006

Hello,

  I am trying to use the  "--files-from=FILE" option with rsync version "version 2.6.3  protocol version 28" When I try to use the following syntax, it returns a syntax or usage error:

  rsync -azrv --files-from=/home/dira/filelist.txt  remoteuser at remotehost:/remotedir

  I am also trying to use ssh with this which obviously yields an error also since the first part does not work

  rsync -azrv --files-from=/home/dira/filelist.txt -e "ssh -i /home/user1/cron/file-with-rsync-key" remoteuser at remotehost:/remotedir

  Any help on the actual use of the "--files-from=FILE" option would be appreciated.

  My goal is to create a list of files and directories that will be transfered and use it with the --files-from option in rsync.

  Thanks very much!