Xattr on FreeBSD ... Good Luck ?

Ensel Sharon user at dhp.com
Wed Nov 1 20:59:06 GMT 2006

One last detail...

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Ensel Sharon wrote:

> checking whether to support ACLs... ACLs requested -- running tests
> checking for acl_get_file in -lacl... no
> checking for ACL support... yes
> checking ACL test results... Using posix ACLs
> checking for acl_get_perm_np... yes
> checking attr/xattr.h usability... no
> checking attr/xattr.h presence... no
> checking for attr/xattr.h... no
> checking whether to support extended attributes... Xattrs requested but
> not linux.  Good luck
>

> Note the last line ... if my goal is to have OSX clients rsyncing their
> extended attributes files on to my FreeBSD 6.1 UFS2 filesystem ... is that
> a reasonable thing to be attempting ?

During the 'make' I also saw this notice:

gcc -I. -I. -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Wall -W -I./popt  -c acls.c -o acls.o
acls.c: In function `change_sacl_perms':
acls.c:735: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type
acls.c: In function `set_acl':
acls.c:1163: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range of
data type
gcc -I. -I. -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Wall -W -I./popt  -c xattr.c -o
xattr.o

Comments ?