rsync ok with open files?

Davies, Roger Roger.Davies at swiftbrands.com
Wed May 10 21:04:17 GMT 2006

I always get a file consistency error backing up the outlook.pst file.  For my own machine, I run a step to quit the outlook.exe process then the backup then restart outlook.  The utility I'm using came from beyondlogic.org.  I don't know if there is a way to get that same functionality if you call it from a real ~nix system, but if using cygwin, both the process and beyondexec tools work from the cygwin bash shell.
Roger Davies
PeopleSoft HRMS
970.506.7750