--include-from doesn't include

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Wed May 10 19:18:42 GMT 2006

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 12:30:32PM -0600, Davies, Roger wrote:
> + Application\ Data/IDMComp/**

(FYI, there's no need to backslash a space, but I suppose it doesn't hurt.)

You have neglected to add rules to let rsync get down into any of those
parent dirs mentioned in this rule, so this rule will never encounter
anything to match.  If you had specified this:

+ Application Data/
+ Application Data/IDMComp/
+ Application Data/Mozilla/
- Application Data/*

... then you should see what you expect.  (You don't need the .../**
lines because you don't have a trailing "- *" rule.)  Other changes I
assume you want (mainly removing a trailing '*' so that the directory
is excluded in addition to its content):

- Cookies/
- Desktop/
- Favorites/
- Local\ Settings/
- My Documents/Outlook/
- My Documents/My\ *
- NetHood/
- PrintHood/
- Recent/
- SendTo/
- Start Menu/
- Templates/
- .DCOPserver*
- .fonts*
- NTUSER*
- ntuser*

It is also safer to anchor rules that should only match in one place by
using a leading '/', but I'll let you figure out which ones should get
that.