detect-renamed dosn't work?!

d.laffien at ping.de d.laffien at ping.de
Wed Mar 1 23:45:53 GMT 2006

Hi lhere,

i'm trying the detect-renamed patch in 2.6.7pre2 in a really small
scenario. Having two dirs with some files rsyncing to destination.

First I have no delete switches on, at least I will need them.
Heres the command I use:
rsync -e "ssh -i /root/.ssh/srv-key" -r -p -o -g -v -z -l -t
 --detect-renamed --stats /root/test/ srv:/root/test --progress    (--fuzzy)

When I rename a file in one dir it will completly transfered, until I make
use of the --fuzzy switch, that will get it working.

I had no luck in all my tries moving a file from the first to the parent or
second dir, leaving the filename and then rsyncing without the need of a
full transfer. Here --fuzzy will fail of course.

I do not use --partial, but tried it also with giving a --partial-dir for
the hard-links.

At least I have to use some --delete option to keep the destination clean.
Will --delete-before work due to hard-linking needed file for the
 --detect-renamed option?

What's wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel Laffien