rsync-2.6.8 hangs on AIX

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sat Jun 24 17:17:01 GMT 2006

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 03:26:40PM +0200, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> There is another machine in between that forwards all tcp
> packets to the target machine:

I haven't used socat before, but have successfully used nc (netcat), so
you might try switching over to that to see if the problem is socat.  If
that is not possible, make sure that socat isn't doing any character
conversions (e.g. it has options to affect line endings).

> I'd love to provide that information, but I've no idea how to
> gather it on AIX.  Any hints?

Doesn't AIX have the netstat command? Running it will show you the state
of the socket's input/output queues on whatever machine it is run on.
This can provide a clue as to where the blockage is by looking at where
the data is hung up.