RSync --compare-dest

Sosin dupa_blada at wp.pl
Mon Jul 17 07:31:28 GMT 2006

Hi Matt,
thanks for -vv, I traced problem, and now it copies files, but only to some
stage. And here is real problem: I have 130 GB data on production server, so
each Monday those 130 GB are copied to another location. Then I run rscync
to copy only new files to Tuesday folder. And it ends with error:

rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer (104)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(610)
[sender=2.6.8]

Copy process ends unexpectly. According to log it touched 227 400 files.

Is that possible to use rscync with this amount of data?

Regards,
Sosin