rsync: failed to hard-link error message

Brett Hamilton open at simple.be
Thu Jul 13 20:10:11 GMT 2006

Thanks Wayne. Indeed, it looks like my Mac cannot hard link device files.
I confirmed that CAN_HARDLINK_SPECIAL was already commented out in
config.h, and I'm wondering if rsync should still be producing these
errors? Also, I do in fact want to backup the device files in my
snapshots. Makes it easy to fully restore a system from the backup.

Thanks!
--Brett