High volume problem: stat: no such file or directory

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri Jan 20 16:42:09 GMT 2006

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 04:26:32PM -0600, Bob Robison wrote:
> The server-side error messages occasionally report the problem
> referenced in the subject  stat: no such file or directory.

Older rsync versions would first move the file into place, and then
chmod() the file to the right permissions.  Newer versions chmod() the
temp file to the right permissions, and then move the file into place.
Since you have a process that is yanking finished files away from the
destination directory, I assume that upgrading rsync with fix this
problem for you.