Document the removal of the ACL compatibility mode

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri Dec 22 17:29:08 GMT 2006

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 12:08:34PM -0500, Andrew Gideon wrote:
> And now it seems like I may have to upgrade all my systems at once?

Rsync 3.0.0 is going to be the first released rsync with ACL support.
My current plan is to build-in backward-compatibility for older, patched
versions of rsync based on the protocol_version (which is being bumped
from 29 to 30 for this release).  I'll know more when ACL support
actually makes it into the trunk.