Document the removal of the ACL compatibility mode

Andrew Gideon c182driver9 at gideon.org
Thu Dec 21 17:08:34 GMT 2006

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 09:04:22 -0500, Matt McCutchen wrote:

> You might want to make it clear that *preserving ACLs* when sending files
> to an older version of the ACL patch is not supported.

Be aware that this is going to have a large impact on some sites (ie.
mine).  We use rsync as the underlying backup component, and are
preserving ACLs (between Solaris and Linux, BTW) with a properly patched
2.6.2.

I've been eager to upgrade, but the ACL issue - and then the
cross-platform ACL issue - has always been blocking.

And now it seems like I may have to upgrade all my systems at once?
That's a nightmare, esp. for those outside of my direct control!

	- Andrew