cwRync and Windows permissions

Craig Barratt cbarratt at users.sourceforge.net
Mon May 24 04:08:41 GMT 2004

tevfik at itefix.no writes:

> Have a look at
>
> http://www.itefix.no/phpws/index.php?module=faq&FAQ_op=view&FAQ_id=12
>
> In short :
>
> Right click My Computer Go to Properties Go to the Advanced Tab Click
> Environment Variables In the bottom section (System variables), add the
> new entry: CYGWIN, with value nontsec Restart the rsync service Make sure
> the folders you are uploading to have the permissions you want the files
> to inherit. Doing this, I’ve found the uploaded files get the correct
> permissions.

It works for me too.  Thanks.

An alternative to the system-wide variable is to add

    --env CYGWIN=nontsec

to the cygrunsrv command-line when you install rsyncd as a service, eg:

    cygrunsrv -I rsyncd --env CYGWIN=nontsec -p c:/cygwin/bin/rsync.exe -a "--config=/etc/rsyncd.conf --daemon --no-detach"

Craig