Fwd: RSync Progress Report Request

Jim Salter jim at jrssystems.net
Fri Mar 26 03:21:39 GMT 2004

I'd still prefer to see something like a --total-progress option that
displayed the percentage of the total synchronization that had been
completed, rather than the percentage of progress of the current file.
In the occasions where I'm hovering impatiently over an rsync waiting
for it to finish, that's what I'd really like to know - where is it in
the list?

Whether you did the progress report as "file [x] of [y]" or "megabyte
[x] of [y]" or whatever would barely even matter; I'd just like to see
an indicator showing me where rsync currently is in relation to its
entire list of stuff to process.