Rsync problem / Special characters

Nic Colledge colledge at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Jan 23 17:17:57 GMT 2004

Are you rsync-ing with a mounted samba directory (using mount -t smbfs
...)?
Because I'm having a problem similar to this one with filenames with
special characters.

There is a bug on the system (bugs.samba.org) relating to smbmount (and
special characters) that is yet to be fixed and I'm hoping that this
will fix our problems after days of fiddling with iocharset= and
codepage= . As well as unix charset = and dos charset = in smb.conf.

Nobody looks to have any answers on the samba list either.

Regards
Nic Colledge
colledge at dsl.pipex.com
n.j.colledge at bradford.ac.uk