rsync 2.5.7 link-dest seems broken

jw schultz jw at pegasys.ws
Sat Jan 3 23:10:13 GMT 2004

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 12:16:55PM -0800, Wayne Davison wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 02:51:07PM -0800, jw schultz wrote:
> > The question is, should link-dest make the decision based on the
> > source uid/gid or based on the uid/gid the file winds up with.
>
> I think it is sufficient to get the link-dest code to figure out if the
> file is going to be changed by the chown/chgroup code.  I've committed
> a fix that should do this.

That fix is good.  I tweaked it so that the scattering of
(gid_t)-1 meaning no_group_update is replaced by GROUP_NONE.
In general literals should be avoided and with the cast
the unary minus looked binary requiring a double-take.

I also reverted the local indentation change.  A single
space is not enough indent.

	email address:		jw at pegasys.ws

		Remember Cernan and Schmitt