How to fix the login name and password for a particular remote m/c

shubhra dutt shubhradutt at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 26 04:55:04 GMT 2004

Hi Wayne,

Sorry to disturb u again,
but now i have one more very small problem.
we need not to supply the password on command line
everytime,
when we will use rsync for transferring files from one
m/c to another,i want to fix login name as well as
passord for a particular m/c.
I try out the option of seting the environment
variable RSYNC_PASSORD and --password-file=FILE .
but both of them is not solve my purpose.
or may be i m not using them in proper way so kindly
gave me ur suggestions regarding the login name and
password.

Thanks
Shubhra