AW: trying to figure out how the --delete option works.

Pedro Blom blom_pedro at yahoo.se
Thu Oct 30 03:32:29 EST 2003

I use -a
from the man:
‐a, ‐‐archive               archive mode, equivalent to ‐rlptgoD
u se, the -r for --recursive is there
I also use -v
-v as for --verbose
so I have that covered.

I have now experiemented with some tmp-files in my homedir and it works
flawlessly.
rsync -av --exclude "/**/movies/" --exclude "/mnt/" --delete
/home/user/tmp/from /home/user/to

but wen using the:
rsync -av --exclude "/**/movies/" --exclude "/mnt/" --delete /
/mnt/backup/backup

It will not delete files on /mnt/backup/backup/.

          /Pedro

--
Hälningar Pedro

Pedro Blom
Backen 1756
830 43 ÅS

Telefon: 063-305 12, 070-676 80 44
Hemsida: http.//www.backensbaslager.com

Läs om förföljelsen av Falun Gong-
utövare i Kina:
http://www.falungonginfo.net

Read about the persecution of Falun Gong-
practitioners in China:
http://www.faluninfo.net