AW: trying to figure out how the --delete option works.

Mandrake Pe mandrake_pe at yahoo.se
Thu Oct 30 07:18:55 EST 2003

This was the problem. There were some IO errors reading some files from the
/proc/ directory, and then rsync won't delete any files at all.

From the man:
--delete

              If the sending side detects any IO errors then the  deletion  of
              any  files  at  the  destination will be automatically disabled.
              This is to prevent temporary filesystem failures  (such  as  NFS
              errors)  on the sending side causing a massive deletion of files
              on the destination.  You can override this  with  the  ‐‐ignore�
              errors option.

Thank you anyway for helping me to keep trying.
    /Pedro