rsync on OpenVMS

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Mon Oct 20 14:20:27 EST 2003

John E. Malmberg wrote:

> While my testing is far from complete, and I have a few OpenVMS specific
> things to work out, it appears that the changes to make the client use
> pthreads were minor, and as of yesterday a client on OpenVMS is able to
> properly replicate a sample directory of plain text files from a local
> server running rsync on Windows 2000.

I just successfully used rsync running on OpenVMS to download the
current rsync development tree.  I deleted a few files, and reran rsync
which repopulated just the missing files.

It looks like I have a working client. :-)

My next step is to make sure that I can build the current CVS build and
post a "beta" kit for ftp download with build instructions for the other
OpenVMS developers that have expressed an interest in working on this.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network
Personal Opinion Only