2.5.6: a number of minor issues

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Thu Oct 9 04:29:19 EST 2003

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 06:03:55AM -0400, der Mouse wrote:
> I just picked up rsync 2.5.6 and installed it.  I haven't actually
> _used_ it for anything yet; this is entirely about a handful of minor
> issues I noticed while building it.

Thanks for taking the time to work up a patch.  Quite a bit of what you
mention is already fixed in CVS, but some is not yet done (such as your
first printf change).

As for the doc changes, I don't like the unsplitting of the infinitives
with regard to the use of "only" -- I think it reads better to have the
"only" earlier in the sentence.  For example, I think that "only update
files that already exist" reads much better than "update only files that
already exist".

Note also that the man pages are built from yodl (.yo) files, which
explains some of items you mentioned (such as why there are a lot of
"\&"s sprinkled about).