Mirroring cvs archives

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Nov 4 10:25:18 EST 2003

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 02:02:50PM -0800, jw schultz wrote:
> If full consistency is wanted there may be a file you can check before
> and after the rsync to see if anything changed and then do a resync.

Yeah, I was thinking that rsyncing the $CVSROOT/CVSROOT directory first
(before transferring anything else) and then again at the end should
tell you if something got committed during the transfer by noticing if
the history file gets updated.  If it has changed, rerun the sync of the
non-CVSROOT dirs until the history file is finally quiescent.